Monday, October 15, 2012

Rainy Day Recovery

Being that I had four days off of work, one would assume that I would return to work refreshed.  I can assure you that this is not the case today.  The Keurig here at work is working harder than I am today as I am recovering from a four day rollercoaster of physical abuse at our townhouse.  But alas!  The townhouse has a renter!  All of the hard work paid off.  With the help of my brother JP (who I am sure you will be hearing more about in the future, you can read his music blog here) and my wife Ang, we managed to: Paint damn near the whole interior, patch a few spots of popcorn ceiling, install a new shower fixture in the master bath, 4 new towel hooks in the bathrooms, lay new mulch in the flower beds, install new quarter round molding in the foyer and powder room, remove the rest of our crap from the house and shed, and clean clean clean.  When the prospective tenant showed up, she loved it, signed the lease, and handed over a check for the remainder of October (which we were not counting on receiving any rent until November as this was a spur of the moment thing.)

Now that the townhouse is occupied, I will have more time to dedicate to our new house.  Which means more posts and more pictures!  We were still working on the townhouse this weekend when Ang says to me "So we need to start picking out the colors for the boys' room.)  Whoa, pump the brakes!  Gimme a breather for a bit!  But we agreed, one weekend of family stuff before we start.  Then it's back to work.


Off topic for a minute:  Who watched the Season Premier of The Walking Dead?  We finally get to see Carl acting a bit like Carl from the comic.  A lot less like a little girl and more like a tough preteen during the Zombie Apocalypse.  About time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment